Rose Flower Water -
Rose Flower Water nourishes your skin’s health and restores skin's radiance, beauty and youthfulness. It also helps restore moisture balance and is used to enhance circulation.
Organic Aloe Leaf Juice -
Egyptians called Aloe Vera the “plant of immortality.” This clear gel, from the leaves of the aloe plant, act as moisturizer without giving your skin a greasy feeling. Aloe also contains numerous antioxidants including beta carotene, vitamin C & E which helps to improve your skin’s firmness and keeps it hydrated.
Emulsifying Wax -
Our Emulsifying Wax is sourced from naturally occurring fats and esters. Emulsifying Wax assists in improving products without leaving a greasy film on the skin.
Glycerin is a humectant naturally derived from plant oils. Glycerin works to moisturize your skin by drawing water from the air into the skin's outer layer. It also forms a protective layer that helps prevent moisture loss.
DMAE Bitartrate -
DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol) is made from fruit acid. It is an organic compound which is known to instantly tighten the skin and penetrate your skin easily and readily. The tightening effect is made stronger the more it is applied. Your skin becomes softer and more elastic the more you use. When applied to the skin DMAE stimulates acetylcholine release which triggers a response in the muscles of the face. This activity creates a firmer facial tone and less sagging. DMAE is used topically to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Meadowfoam Seed Oil -
Meadowfoam Seed Oil absorbs easily into the skin to lock in moisture and helps other ingredients penetrate deep into skin. It contains high levels of antioxidants and is preferred as a moisturizer. Because it penetrates deep into the skin and contains antioxidants, Meadowfoam Seed Oil helps to fight off the signs of aging.
Vitamin E -
Vitamin E helps to block free radicals from the body which play a huge part in the aging process. When you can fight off free radicals, then you are able to help reduce wrinkles and keep your skin looking youthful and vibrant. We use Tocopherol which is derived from soybeans.
Sunflower Seed Oil -
Sunflower Seed Oil has calming and emollient (moisturizing) properties. Being rich in nutrients and antioxidants, it is widely used for medicinal and cosmetic purposes. Sunflower Seed Oil helps your skin retain moisture and being high in Vitamin E, it also helps improve the appearance and overall health of your skin. The beta-carotene in Sunflower Seed Oil helps reduce your skin’s sensitivity to the sun. With supreme antioxidant properties, Sunflower Seed Oil assists in preventing the premature signs of aging.
Vitamin C - Vitamin C’s supports healthy collagen in your skin. Collagen works hand in-hand with elastin to support the skin. Collagen supplies the framework that provides form, firmness, and strength to the skin, while elastin is what gives skin its flexibility. Vitamin C provides a range of benefits, from evening out skin tone, shielding skin from the visible impacts of pollution, significantly improving hydration, and keeping your skin looking younger, longer!
Carrot Seed Oil -
Rich in beta carotene, vitamins A and E and pro-vitamin A, Carrot Seed Oil helps to heal dry, chapped and cracked skin and also helps to balance moisture in your skin and may even help to reduce wrinkles. Carrot Seed Oil has also been known to help nourish, tighten and rejuvenate skin.
- Hyaluronic acid helps to replenish moisture that is crucial to having younger-looking, supple skin. It also helps revitalize your skin’s outer layers so they look and feel softer and smoother. Hyaluronic Acid leaves your skin extremely hydrated which instantly improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Coenzyme Q10 -
Coenzyme Q10, or simply Q10, is a nutrient that’s produced naturally in the body. Coenzyme Q10 helps manage energy production in cells and may have anti-aging effects on skin.
Provitamin A -
Provitamin A is a group of compounds that includes its active forms (retinal, retinol and retinoic acid). Retinal, retinol and retinoic acid are important to cell production and growth. Vitamin A also stimulates fibroblasts—the cells responsible for developing tissue that keeps skin firm and healthy—in the deep layers of your skin.
Vitamin A Palmitate -
Retinol and retinyl palmitate are very powerful antioxidants which protect living cells from free radicals, considered to be one of the leading causes for premature aging. Neutralizing the free radicals is of high importance for preserving the good condition of the skin, which is why both forms of Vitamin A are a key ingredient in our Hawaiian Healing Skin Care products. They are also believed to improve collagen and elastin synthesis, as well as, regenerate the skin on cellular level.
Alpha Lipoic Acid -
Alpha lipoic acid is one of the most powerful anti-aging, antioxidant, anti-inflammatories available as it is 400 times stronger than Vitamins E and C combined (both of which are renowned for their antioxidant properties). ALA has great benefit when applied in a topical lotion. Used in our eye serum it helps to greatly decrease under eye circles and puffiness. It’s anti-inflammatory attributes also help to reduce redness and blotchiness which gives a counterbalance of skin tone.
- Panthenol, or Provitamin B5, is a gentle, water-soluble vitamin that deeply penetrates skin, delivering essential moisture that helps hydrate, soothe and encourage self-healing. Provitamin B5 works as a humectant, attracting and locking moisture into skin
Vitamin B3 -
Vitamin B3 helps reduce wrinkles, minimizes uneven skin tone, helps heal acne and reduce hyperpigmentation. Vitamin B3 also reduces topical inflammation and can help with sun damage.
Organic Sugar Cane Extract
Glycolic acid naturally present in Cane Sugar removes dead skin cells, dirt, and oil that can clog and stretch pores.
Organic Bilberry Fruit Extract -
Bilberry contains resveratrol and quercetin - effective anti-aging compounds.
Organic Sugar Maple Extract
- Derived from the Sugar Maple tree, this extract works as a natural alpha hydroxy acid that is often used in skin care products to minimize and repair cell damage caused by free radicals.
Organic Orange Peel Extract
- Orange Peel Extract holds many nutrients your skin craves to be healthy and glowing. The skin of an orange is packed with vitamin C, calcium, B vitamins which are key to anti-aging properties, and zinc which helps protect your skin from UV rays.
Organic Lemon Peel Extract
- Lemon Peel Extract possesses skin-tightening and toning effects. It also serves as a purifying disinfectant, making it ideal for treating oily, tired, and stressed skin.
Organic Cranberry Fruit Extract - Due to being rich in tocopherols, tocotrienols, phytosterols, phospholipids, and Vitamin A, Cranberry Seed Oil is a superb emollient, lubricant and conditioner for the skin to fight wrinkles and fine lines. It supports the lipid barrier protection of the skin and assists in moisture retention.
- Natural (organic) plant-derived alcohol will not dry out your skin. As part of our carefully formulated product, it actually helps the skin to absorb the beneficial botanical properties and also acts as part of a natural preservation system.
- Castor Oil has been shown to help slow down the aging process. Castor Oil, when applied to the skin, penetrates deeply and stimulates the production of collagen and elastin (3). This, in turn, helps soften and hydrate the skin. It delays the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and makes the skin smoother, softer, and younger. The fine lines around the eye area are perfect for Castor Oil.
- Xanthan Gum is a polysaccharide, a sugar-based polymer produced by bacteria; it's used as a viscosity agent in personal care products.
Kukui Nut Oil -
Indigenous to Hawaii, the Kukui Nut and its oil contain linoleic and alpha-linolenic fatty acids. This amazing oil absorbs into the skin easily to provide the skin with much needed essential elements. Kukui means 'enlightenment' in Hawaiian. This oil contains vitamins A, C, and E, which are antioxidants known to protect the skin and prevent free-radical damage to skin cells. Kukui Nut Oil can leave even the driest, dullest, aging skin looking healthy and radiant. This oil also works amazingly well under eyes to help prevent and soften crow's feet.
Beet Root Oil -
Beet Root Oil is used as a natural coloring. No artificial coloring is in any of our Hawaiian Healing Skin Care products.